Finally…we’ve reached the next big step in our preparations for the mission field. Our move to South Africa is approaching. Our commissioning service is scheduled on the 21st of July, and we hope to fly to SA shortly afterwards. Before we head out, there are still some hurdles to tackle as you will see in our prayer requests:
- Anni’s gallbladder needs to be removed. We hope for a timely appointment and a quick and good recovery after surgery.
- for accommodation in Port Elizabeth from August. We would like to find a short term accommodation of 1 -2 months in PE or Cape Town before we find a more permanent place to stay. If you know of a temporary place to stay, please let us know.
- for further support through prayer and finances.
- that we reached 70% of our financial goal for monthly support
- that we have all the necessary travel documents (passports/VISA)
The kids are also preparing for change. David already has a list, “MUM! If we are in South Africa then I’ll get a bicycle, a rabbit and a dog because of the robbers.” In addition to various wishes Jael is looking forward to kindergarten, after all, she is already 3 years. Last week we could celebrate the childrens’ birthdays with much joy.
We also had some down time as a family in recent weeks. We had time to visit the relatives again and enjoy some holidays.
In April we experienced our first flight as a family of five. We headed to England, where Annis brother and his family live. There we had the joy of admiring the little cousin for the first time and had some good times together.
Thank you for all your prayers, your friendship and financial support!